Monday, February 9, 2009

MY HOUSE!!!!!

As promised, I am finally getting pictures posted of my house. We have been working on it every minute we can. It is amazing how many little things that have to be done. There was this closet that needed to be painted so about a month ago Kim and I set off to paint it. We knew that there was going to be some work involved because it appeared that the paint was peeling off the wall. Anyways, when we really got to looking at it and deciding what to do the closet had been wallpapered and then someone decided to paint over the wallpaper without trying to take it down. It was a total disaster. We ended up having to spray a water/vinegar solution on the wall, let it set for a little bit, and then scrape it with a paint scrapper. It took a whole day but we finally got everything off it. Today we sat out and put the bonding coat on it. Now tomorrow I think we are going to get a coat of paint on it. The house is coming right along. I can't wait to get it done and get moved in. We are getting closer everyday.
This is the big pile of carpet that we pulled up off the floor. It was very disgusting needless to say. There appeared to be 2 layers of padding and then OLD carpet. The caret had been so worn that the padding was starting to just disintegrate.
This is the residue that was left on the floor in 2 rooms after pulling up the carpet. The carpet had been glued down therefore not coming up real easy. We then had to get down on hands and knees and use water and a good 'ol pain scrapper and scrape it off. Thank god it was only 2 rooms, one of which was pretty small!

This is Isaac's room showing that residue again on the floor. His room butts right up to mine. The door you see in the back goes into my room.

This is supposed to be my kitchen. Where the wall looks all torn up used to have tile on it. We tore all that off and in some places went all the way down to the lathes. The cabinet in the middle of the floor is a new cabinet that we had made.
This is my living room. You can see the door way to the front room to the left of the picture. There are big double doors that fold across the doorway if you wanted to close it off.
This is the front room. Back when the house was build this was used as a formal dinning room. My plan is turning it into my scrapbooking room. The walls are painted green so it should be very relaxing. I am very excited about it!!
This is my bedroom. Just painted a tan color. That is Isaac's door on the left.

This is Isaac's room all painted in blue.

This is the kitchen again showing the orange color that I thought I wanted. Needless to say I changed the color of the kitchen to a tan color. Makes it look a lot better.

This is the bathroom. It is pretty small but is plenty for what we need. On the left is the vanity and on the right is the tub/shower.

This is the front door. It comes into a little hallway, which leads into the front room.


This is the spare bedroom, which I will probably use for storage. You can see the floor though, this was what they looked like after Dad had ran the sander over them.

This purpose of this picture is to show the difference in the floor. You can see where Dad had run the sander and where he hadn't. It was amazing the difference that it made.

Well, these are all the pictures that I have for now. I will get more posted when I get more taken. Mom has been over there cleaning this week so it is getting closer and closer. Next week she is planning on starting to polyurethane the floors. She thinks she can get it done in 3 days so she is just trying to get 3 days in a row to get it done. Until next time, Isaac is doing great and happy blogging!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Looks great - you & Isaac will be so happy having a place of your own!