Friday, September 5, 2008

Prayers Please

As most of you know my Grandmother is dieing of cancer. Back in January they gave her 6 months to live. Fortunately she has made it past that amount of time. We are working on 8 months. Her health is falling very quickly. She is no longer able to stay by herself. Between Mom, Aunt Donna, and Libby someone is with her 24/7. It is a challenge for her to walk and she is no longer eating very much. She sleeps most of the day only awake about 3 hours in a 24 hour time span. I will dearly miss her but her time here is about over. I don't like seeing her this way because that is not "Grandma." She no longer acknowledges you when you walk in the door, if she even wakes up.

I just wanted to give everyone a short update. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this cooler weather. I have had to get the winter clothes out for Isaac...sure is crazy!! I just ask that you keep Grandma in your prayers as she needs them right now. God Bless.

1 comment:

The Havoc said...

Hi Stephanie

I have been praying for your Grandma since I heard the news of her finding out she has cancer. She is a great woman who I am priviledged to say took care of me when I was little. Please give her a hug and a kiss from me. God bless her and your family.

Alicia Haslag